Monday, January 29, 2007

First review of Heidelberg

3 weeks have passed since I arrived in Heidelberg. First review:

Physically in Heidelberg, but my mind -especially my heart- is in Thailand on the border to Burma.

My university degree is not accepted in Germany, I have no working license (I'm wondering why I need this being a member of the EU), no appartment...
I'm staying with Lena in her small appartement, but it's fine and we get along together much better than I'd imagined.
I work at the university clinic (kind of illegaly)- departement of hematology and oncology; section multiple myeloma.
My collegs are great and help me very much. I'd be lost without you- Ulli, Michael and Stefan!

This weekend I joined a symposium for tropical medicine, what made me miss 'my home' even more. I still don't feel home here. Do I belong to Europe? Right now I doubt it, but we will see.

Maybe this sounds worse than it is... I'm still smiling ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home