Sunday, December 24, 2006

christmas

Waking up at Tasanee's orphanage on 24.12. around 6am. The 3 months old baby sleeping on my left arm, 3 year old Ma Kim on my right arm; in the back Tasanee...

It was cold and foggy, but the air was clear and fresh.
By 6.30 the neighbours started to play Christmas songs, Nekom prepared some coffee for me and the kids were cleaning the house.
I never felt so relaxed on a 24.12.- no hurry, no stress.
I took the car back to Mae Sot to meet Gerhard at the market to buy some food for the Christmas dinner. We decided to make buschetta, pasta frutti di mare and Kaiserschmarr'n.
But before I started to cook, I relaxed at one of the great head massages at my hairdresser....

Around 7 pm our guests arrived- Simon, Benno, Gerhard, Milan and Tristan; the hosts were Inga, Jess, Gigi and me.
Inga prepared the bruschetta, for the pasta we had Federico's red wine from Australia- unfortunately the calamaria tasted like a tire and the noodles were everything except al dente; but the wine was very good- thank you Federico!
By 10pm we called Federico, who was admitted in the hospital in Siena and were singing Christmas songs for him; it was so much fun.
Then it was my turn- the Kaiserschmarr'n. It was the worst I've ever made, but I didn't care.
It was a Christmas were everything went wrong, we did not even have enough plates and forks, but it was the best and relaxed for many years.
For the night Gigi, Jess and I shared a bed, so we had each other to keep us warm.

Summary: it was a day with people I love, where nobody cared about a perfect dinner, but about the people who were there.

Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home