Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Leaving Mae Sot

26.12.

The day I ignored for so long has arrived. I have to leave.

Simon took me and my heavy bags to the bus station; still I don't realize that I'm really leaving. I get on the bus, the engine starts and we head towards Bangkok.

We pass the rice fields, where new rice is planted and all this is so home to me.

Time passes and 9 hours later we arrive at Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal. I take a taxi to the airport and still I don't feel like leaving. My throat hurts, my nose is running and I cough. I think the last days in Mae Sot were colder than I expected them to be.

I feel sick.

I get on the plane, but still I feel like I go back just for a few days.

My symptoms get worse and I try to sleep.

I wake up and Paris is now closer than Bangkok. I start missing my home.

From Paris I get on the plane to Vienna; I guess my family is already very excited about my arrival. I feel bad, that I'm not excited at all. I rather panic, I'm back...but not home.

As soon as I see my family I start realizing... I left Thailand, the Karen and the place, where I felt happier and more satisfied than ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home