Sunday, September 02, 2007

Schloßbeleuchtung

On the occasion of the castel fires in 1689, 1693 and 1764 the Heidelberger Schloß is iluminated 3 times every summer. It lookes like it is to be aflamed....
To make it even a bigger event there are fireworks taking place on the old brigde.



Yesterday was the last time for this summer, so I had to go and see it. The square with the best view to the castle was filled with people- not only tourists. Somehow I had the impression that people are so concerned to take a good picture, that they forgot to look at the castle...
It was quite cold at night and with the fireworks going on, it felt a bit like New Year to me... the only things I was missing were the Wiener Philharmoniker playing the Donauwalzer and my favourite Walzer-dancing-partner....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home